Last Weekend of the Quail Season

QuailSlayer

Nov 23, 2019
North County Coastal
Nice to get out this morning for a couple of hours after the last storm. Birds were much less vocal than I expected. Managed to miss two and get two. Took a buddy out that hadn’t been all year and he had a blast. Was a gorgeous day out today in the backcountry. Lots of quail this season, hopefully everyone got in on the action. And only a couple of months until gobble gobble time!
IMG_0955.jpg

Thats a real nice over under, what brand?
Thanks Hunter. While my main upland for many years was a Browning 20g o/u, this Franchi Instinct SL 12g has been my primary upland for the last several years. The big advantage for me is the weight. It comes in around 6.3 lbs which is probably about ~ 1.75lbs or so lighter than my Browning. It’s just so much more comfortable carrying out in the field for long periods of time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu