Let's talk next year......

yes A-22 was draw, G-13 is draw, but D-16 for 2013 was over the counter. AO is over the counter.
so the only difference between AO & D-16, D-16 allows rifle. AO is Archery only during the Archery & the general.
I like the option to use my rifle. both are buck only. with A-22 Either sex, G-13 Doe only.
seems the general rifle season has been really shorten. I remember in the old days it was 60 Days.

First couple of years I chose A-22 & AO because of the ANTI GUN frenzy.
anyone carrying a rifle was immediately a terrorist.

I'll do what I did this year for sure: draw for G13 and buy D16 OTC. Toying w the idea of bow hunting, but one thing at a time. Scouting season has just begun for 2014 ;D

Sent via Tapatalk

longbowhunter2 said:
Bonejour said:
I'll do what I did this year for sure: draw for G13 and buy D16 OTC. Toying w the idea of bow hunting, but one thing at a time. Scouting season has just begun for 2014 ;D

Sent via Tapatalk

ditto ;D

Yep!! I 3rd that one!! ;D

Yes. You can only have one premium tag so next year its either A-22, G-13, or D-16. Personally I don't think A-22 or D-16 will sell out next year since I think most people got an A-22 and D-16 or two D-16 tags.

This is how lucky I got this year. I realized this while at work and sent out several text to friend asking about having two premium tags. Most didn't know so I looked into it also and it said you can only have one. I already had an X9C tag and was planning on buying a A-22 tag once they released the left overs. Once I realized I couldn't buy a A-22 I looked and there was less then 10 D-16 tags left!!!!

8e9uresu.jpg

Already have a legal buck spotted for next year, found him bedded on the way to a stand this morning!

If d16 doesn't sell out by first business day in august you can buy it otc, even if your first tag is premium. You can even buy it as a first tag otc first business day in july if it doesn't sell out in draw.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Cali Ridge Runner said:
So if they both don't sell out and become OTC. Can you just show up first business day they go on sale OTC and get them both?

Yep...

Cali Ridge Runner said:
So if they both don't sell out and become OTC. Can you just show up first business day they go on sale OTC and get them both?

last year both sold out I was stuck with an AO tag. I got to hunt but not exactly what I wanted.
lets talk about the x zones.

Great! We'll I am gonna put in for my D-16 first choice with A-22 as second. Which ever I don't get I will buy OTC first minute they go on sale. I don't think ither one will sell out. Half of the people that get them are just using them as back up or may be tags! Actually kind of like it this way

Okay, thanks guys. So I will do A-22, and then hope that the D-16 tags make it through to the first of August. If not, I will just settle for AO.

Drewski2324 said:
A32 with my points then AO. Although it does seem like where ever I hunt it turns into a hiking trip with a bow in my hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yeah me too, only it's a gun in my hand. Good thing I enjoy the hiking part.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu