License and Tags

Sfc2140

Aug 7, 2012
Got my License and my 2 deer tags today. Not sure how the draw works, I'm really hoping to get my zone C tag. I'm excited to get out there for my first time.

Done 2 d16s upland, waterfowl, bobcat, pig,elk, bighorn and pronghorn everything must die

How does the draw system work? They gave me a D16 tag but had to be put in a draw for zone C. Why can't I just buy one of those tags too?

Every one would buy them out I do put in for a point befor I buy my local tags so I can do a cool zone when I have the points / want to travel

So if I was local to that zone I would be able to buy tags? What if I am hunting with my dad and he is local to that are? Can he put me in his party to give me a better chance at the tag?

Sfc2140 said:
So if I was local to that zone I would be able to buy tags? What if I am hunting with my dad and he is local to that are? Can he put me in his party to give me a better chance at the tag?

Has nothing to do with where you live in the state. A person who lives in and wants to hunt in zone xxx doesn't have a better chance than someone who lives outside the zone boundary. It depends on how many tags are allotted for a particular area and the number of people who put in for them. You ought to pick up a copy of the hunting digest at the DFG office. You can download it online too. Explains how the license process works.

Put in yesterday. You guys in San Diego should go to FINE FIREARMS to apply. They just got signed up on the program and it helps them out a lot when they reach a certain number of tags/license sold. If we don't support our privately owned shops they won't be around for long.

Invisible man said:
Put in yesterday. You guys in San Diego should go to FINE FIREARMS to apply. They just got signed up on the program and it helps them out a lot when they reach a certain number of tags/license sold. If we don't support our privately owned shops they won't be around for long.

Wish I would have known that a couple weeks ago! Good thing I still need my upland and waterfowl stamps. They have those there?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu