Long Range Shoot

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Hey guys, I'm just going to send out an invite to anyone who would like to join. On March 19th at 8:30 am, a Facebook group (savage long range hunters), I belong to will be meeting at this private location, Honolulu Hills Raceway, 26217 Honolulu Road, Taft, CA 93268. This shoot is going to be a learning and fun get together. There will be a trainer rifle to shoot. We will have 500, 800, 1000, and 1200 yards gongs set up. The first few hours of the shoot will just be fun and practice, towards the end there might be a little competition to those of you who would like to compete.

P.S. This is a totally free shoot and anyone is welcome to come, bring the whole family! We will have some very experienced guys there helping everyone out. I would like a pm to be sent to me as a heads up, if you are going, so I will know how many waivers to bring.

I hope some of you guys can make it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too bad Don, but I'm sure you will be enjoying your trip out of state!

The group I'm with is trying to shoot every couple months. I will let everyone know the dates on the one after March!

Last shoot we had (the 10th) i forgot to put a post up on here. But we had about 20 guys show up and shoot. 5 or so kids (the youngest was 8, I believe) got their first 1000 yard shots on a training rifle we had set up. It was a ton of fun, and a great learning experience.

This shoot we are still in the planning, but we hope to have some giveaways and a bbq. I will post more details when the time comes closer!

What is the hotel situation up that way Garrett. I would like to come up the night before so I don't have to get up at 2:30 AM that day.

NBK we can motel 6 it in taft, I should have the the new stick together by then.... maybe

NBK said:
What is the hotel situation up that way Garrett. I would like to come up the night before so I don't have to get up at 2:30 AM that day.

John, we actually just got a brand new Best Western put in!

Sounds like there is plenty of hotel space. It's on my calendar. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the invitation Garrett.

Bonejour said:
Sounds like there is plenty of hotel space. It's on my calendar. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the invitation Garrett.

Yes there is. Awesome! No problem at all Don, it's going to be a fun event!

Things are looking good for the shoot. We got the insurance, and are working on approval to put in a permanent fence around the range.

Hope to see some of you guys there

2dogs1name said:
Maybe a dumb question here....Can we shoot our own rifles? I need to get some scopes aligned ;)

Yes you can. Gongs start at 500 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need a head count for everyone that's going to show up for the shoot, we are having a taco truck and I need to let him know what to expect. It will be $10 for a food ticket per person.

Also to those of you coming bring some cash, we are raffling off a Remington 770 7 mag we had donated to us. All money will go into the range for wind flags, concrete, fencing etc.. The tickets will be $10 for 1 or $40 for 5.

I hope to see you guys there!

1212112123e77d7e1ee7a2f2f5126f3d.jpg

f27ffaa90d59acdc858068277b4d3c99.jpg

08fb31ced7314eff536f229ce5b4d147.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu