Looking for chukar.

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Good morning guys. Wife and I finally got some time to head up to our favorite chukar spot. 14/395 area. We are here, its 28deg, calm, and we can here them. The dog is still in the crate whining and crying. Just waiting on the sun. Let's see if we can get on them this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: turkeyman 85
Thanks steve. Wish you were here also. You seam to bring in the birds.

We have found a few so far but man they are flushing waaay early.

Atleast it got a little warmer 34

Wow, Gspman! Nice work there! I went chukar hunting in-between the 395 and 14 in the El Paso Mountains a few years ago without a dog and got nothing. I heard them laughing at me though! They thought it was a hoot! :laughing:

(I know this is an older thread but I'm a noob to the site so I'm just going back through the upland posts.)

- Moves

Moves,

Welcome to SCH.....This could be a much better year for chukar & quail.....Lots of gambel's seen already.

Reactions: Moves

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu