Looking for Deer or Bear Hunting Partner in X10 or D8 for 2015.

B-dent

Jul 17, 2015
Hi all,
I am looking for some one, (or a party,) to go Bear or Deer hunting within the X10 or D8 zones in the beginning of the season for 2015. I have a Bear Tag; and a Dear tag for each of theses zones and I would expect repliers to have at least one too. I would go alone but that would cause a REAL BIG issue with my wife. This will be my first hunting adventure.

I would like to meet at one of the local shooting ranges; Oak Tree, or Angelus or A Place to Shoot, some Saturday or Sunday morning, soon. I plan to go to Angelus Saterday Aug 1st, to break in my new rifle and dial in my new scope.

I live outside of the San Fernando Valley, have been shooting for a while but never thought of hunting till my last back packing trip in the X9A zone, where I met a hunter that got a Buck his first day out. My dad had hunted in this area 50 years ago too.

So if you have one of the tags and want to take on a partner, let me know about your experience, (or lack there of) and let’s talk about meeting at the range.

B-dent :) :)

Re: Deer Hunting Partner in X10 or D8 for 2015 sought

B-d,

Welcome to SCH and good luck on your quest for a hunting partner.......Seems to be more guys joining SCH from your neck of the woods.

Re: Deer Hunting Partner in X10 or D8 for 2015 sought

Thank you for you well wish, iloves, With the influx of people from this area, I would think that would increase my chances of finding someone that would work out well. :) :)

ilovesprig said:
Rondore said:
I am headed up this thursday to scout for the A19 hunt in X10.

Gonna go up high and see what I can find.

Good luck.......And stay 8)

I have been working my ass off in the santa monica montains lately so hopefully the hot weather training will pay off. On the other hand, lowlander syndrome will definitely be bringing the pain.

Went up to X10m for 3 days and put in the miles.

Ground water is slim to non-existent in the area I scouted. (not hunting the monache area) so it is not going to be easy to get away from the other hunters.

I warn you, be VERY careful about going more than a day away from your vehicle unless you have a 100% cfmd water source. 3 hours of hardcore thundershowers and Albanita meadow was bone dry Saturday morning in the morning....all sucked up.

Trust me...hiking 8 miles back out to get more water sucked.

Lots of deer sign and definitely some larger bucks are in there but I would suggest that you pack in water as if it was an elk quarter :)

Rondore said:
Went up to X10m for 3 days and put in the miles.

Ground water is slim to non-existent in the area I scouted. (not hunting the monache area) so it is not going to be easy to get away from the other hunters.

I warn you, be VERY careful about going more than a day away from your vehicle unless you have a 100% cfmd water source. 3 hours of hardcore thundershowers and Albanita meadow was bone dry Saturday morning in the morning....all sucked up.

Trust me...hiking 8 miles back out to get more water sucked.

Lots of deer sign and definitely some larger bucks are in there but I would suggest that you pack in water as if it was an elk quarter :)

Thanks for the info Rondore,

I have been spending time on Google maps looking for lakes but did not find any yet off of 4X4 roads. X10 not the best place but some place is better than no place at all. Even if you can only take morning trips out, so as to stay next to your vehicle.

Good luck on your scouting and final hunting trip.
Bdent

B-dent said:
I have been spending time on Google maps looking for lakes but did not find any yet off of 4X4 roads. X10 not the best place but some place is better than no place at all. Even if you can only take morning trips out, so as to stay next to your vehicle.

Bdent

Just so u know Google maps aren't usually up to date.. most of them will be a bit old to use when it comes to looking for water in this drought stricken place we call California. best of luck.

JaySoCal said:
B-dent said:

Bdent

Just so u know Google maps aren't usually up to date.. most of them will be a bit old to use when it comes to looking for water in this drought stricken place we call California. best of luck.

Hi Jay, Thanks for the vote of good fortune. I am hoping for a response to a positive about water found in these areas. Also, with the "El Nino" coming maybe we will get a break??
Bdent

I also drew an x10 deer tag.

I went up there this past Saturday and found a lot of tracks ( deer and bear), I also saw deer, 2 does and one 3x4 buck. Im expecting hunters to be around the area I scouted, I just hope to get lucky.

B-dent said:
JaySoCal said:
B-dent said:

Bdent

Hi Jay, Thanks for the vote of good fortune. I am hoping for a response to a positive about water found in these areas. Also, with the "El Nino" coming maybe we will get a break??
Bdent

Not a problem Hope you get lucky in that zone keep doing the work and putting in the time, it should pay off..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu