looking for shooting targets

Wildgame

I need 3 targets to practice shooting my rifle in the desert.

I believe 3/8 steel should be enough to shoot from 150yrs to 300yrd. And I would imagine that a target of 8" in diameter would be good to get ready for hunting season. It will not be precision shooting..I figure if I can hit an 8" target at 200+ (in the vitals ) I would most likely be able to make a clean kill.

Does anyone have old targets they might want to get rid of?

I was going to buy 3 8" 3/8 Gongs in amazon. Then built 3 small stands out of metal pipes to place the targets at different distances. I figured I ask before I buy just in case.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I'd order the plates and fashion small frames out of 2x4s with a small amount of space around the gong so you don't blast up your wood.. but depending on how you build it, replacing a small section or 2x4 for errant shots would be cheap and easy

Order some splatter targets. easy to see where impact is.
I have used them at the range. At times, It is hard to tell which shot is the one it hits the target. I figured a steel target should make a sound. As long as I can hit the 8" circle consistently I should be ready.
I have a 3/8 24” plate i might consider selling ar 500 of course
Let me think about that..I need to find out if I can cut it into small pieces..I prefer 8 & 10". Thanks.

Back