Looking forward to general opening

ke1234567

Jul 24, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA
This is first time hunting deer for me. This past spring (2018), my doc told me I needed some changes (diabetes, BP, cholesterol), basically all the shit that comes with turning 50. So as of June 1, I've hit it hard. Lost about 25 lbs, and saw doc about two weeks ago. She took me off one diabetic med and I return in 6 weeks. If numbers look the same, i'll have reversed by diabetes, and likely lowered cholesterol and BP. Maybe off those meds too. I look better and weigh less than when I got married 17 years ago.

So the added benefit of the diet and working out (religiously) is I'm hoping the hiking (hopefully with a deer), will be that much easier on me. Can't be worse than humping in the Marine Corps, but still, I'm getting old and feeling it. I'm getting very excited about hunting this season. Going with an experienced hunting friend and possibly some others who want to just tag along and glass.

So if you're in D14 and see a 6' tall asian guy huffing and puffing, say hello.

Great work on getting back in the game. Since I retired I have lost about 15-20 lbs. Except I am 63 yrs old and still going at it. And will keep trying. Years ago, my wife and I were at the cliff dwellings in new Mexico.
They had two routes. Easy and the tough route ,to visit and view the old native cliff dwellings. Back then it was easy for us to take the hard route or hike.
I said to her some day we will not be able hike the hard road for as we age we change. I still taking hard routes for now.
Best
Longbow

Congrats on getting healthy. Hope to follow your footsteps as I have been trying to eat right and exercise more and hunting season sure motivates me to get off the couch and you guys do too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu