Lord....Give me Strength!!!

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Headed in to hell for the next 6 days....birds and boars...25-06✓. 870✓...New Disc in Neck ✓. wish me luck fellas...I get performance anxiety...so hoping I can actually Finish this time...standby 16ers for a wet and wild week...hope I see one .

Screenshot_20240328-110200.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Headed in to hell for the next 6 days....birds and boars...25-06✓. 870✓...New Disc in Neck ✓. wish me luck fellas...I get performance anxiety...so hoping I can actually Finish this time...standby 16ers for a wet and wild week...hope I see one .

How is the neck doing?

May need a new disc in the low back at some point, the old L5-S1 blown out lol

Reactions: HATCHET1
Dude...gonna put that 870 with 3 inch number 4#s up close and tight this week..boutta find out!!! Ha!! But thanks for asking .doing well..should have done it earlier after suffering all those years...was just a big pussy though...no regrets..all good!

Reactions: Stikbrandon
They will surely be on the roads sunning and drying out sunday. As for the hogs...may the white buffalo be sure footed in the rain saterday.

Man she is a slippery whore out there for sure....prolly gonna jump on granny's quad and hunt like the real hunters do! Thinking Sunday ..Monday a couple of yardbirds are gonna get it...and porky is only gonna get it if he's close to a road!! No way on gods green earth I'm doing a cut and stuff in the mud...those days are over!! Specially with no Beef to do the dirty work ..I have a feeling I'm gonna really miss a knucklehead or 3 on this trip.. uggh..

Man she is a slippery whore out there for sure....prolly gonna jump on granny's quad and hunt like the real hunters do! Thinking Sunday ..Monday a couple of yardbirds are gonna get it...and porky is only gonna get it if he's close to a road!! No way on gods green earth I'm doing a cut and stuff in the mud...those days are over!! Specially with no Beef to do the dirty work ..I have a feeling I'm gonna really miss a knucklehead or 3 on this trip.. uggh..
Yup, just when you were starting to like them, they up and join the military. time to get ur hands bloody.

Twas the night before opener ..and there was lots of rain ...biblical rain and wind...I thrive in high pressure situations...stand by bird guys ..

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
Oh man...well..it was 4.35pm...and the rain had subsided...I decided to crank on the old Lynch box call one last time before the 5pm buzzer went off...and then it happened ..Gobble Gobble...there was 25 minutes to get er done...it was game on...I dawned the 870 and started the Ardous descent into the abyss...too be continued...

Reactions: sportyg and skeet
As I got to my point of no return..I tucked into the manzanita...I gave one last chirp on old mr. Lynch...thru the late afternoon fog...I saw the apperition materialize...I slowly raised the 870 and lay in wait...it was 4.47 pm....to be continued...

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I knew the shot would be to far ..but had faith in the old 870 with 3 inch #4s..sadly in steel shot..some swag I had left over from jump shooting ducks in the river bottom last year...they transfer over nicely...it only takes one pellet to the head 16ers....with that being said... As he came into view. . it was now or never...it was 4.52 pm...as I looked down the ventilated rib of old faithful..and put the single bead on his purple head ..I slowly and meticulously clicked the safety off....and as we all should know by now....once that safety goes off with me....it rarely...if ever goes back on...,..too be continued...

At the report of the Remington...the flop job boogie commenced...the bird was down....after a long and gruling pack out...the trophy found his way into the freezer..and the harvest was complete...2 more to go and hopefully a puerco and it's back to the safety of the motherland...stay tuned 16ers..the sun is shining for the next 3 days that I'm here...I see the color purple in the near future once again...I love wet turkey pics...as stated ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330-191452.png
    Screenshot_20240330-191452.png
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240330-182951.png
    Screenshot_20240330-182951.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240331-094624.png
    Screenshot_20240331-094624.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu