Loving my new game cams

Fuzzding

I drew a d8 tag this year and was unable to go due to work. So I bought a second tag over the counter for d15 so I could hunt before and after work. I also purchased 3 game cams and have been scouting some local areas. After setting and resetting the cams three times I finally Found the deer.

It seems like D15 is nearly impossible to archery hunt deer due to the steep terrain, overgrown vegetation and limited access.

I had to hike really far to find the deer and go over and thru stuff most wouldn't. But now have a spot were i think i will be successful.

If I do shoot a deer I may need a Helicopter to get em out.

Attachments

• WGI_0019.JPG
    WGI_0019.JPG
    660.1 KB · Views: 30
When hunting local deer what size buck is considered too small to ethically take? Is a small forked horn a shooter? I know the law will allow it but what is the fellow hunters opinion and why?

I kind of think it depends on how the season is going. I personally am not going to harvest a small or average fork on opening morning. Last day of season..... thats a different story haha

Mesmashy said:
I kind of think it depends on how the season is going. I personally am not going to harvest a small or average fork on opening morning. Last day of season..... thats a different story haha

X2 lol

Fuzzding said:
When hunting local deer what size buck is considered too small to ethically take? Is a small forked horn a shooter? I know the law will allow it but what is the fellow hunters opinion and why?

What are you trying to do trophy hunt or fill your freezer?

Fuzzding said:
fill your freezer especially if your new to deer hunting the area, most people that hunt socal might never get a good chance to take a legal buck. get picky after you have already put a couple deer in the dirt and have spent time learning the areas

brice s said:
Fuzzding said:
fill your freezer especially if your new to deer hunting the area, most people that hunt socal might never get a good chance to take a legal buck. get picky after you have already put a couple deer in the dirt and have spent time learning the areas
X2

Fuzzding said:

Do what you want, don't worry about what others think. The world wouldn't function if we listened to what others think. First legal buck I see when D12 archery opens I'll take in a heart beat, them bucks down here don't show themselves much these days.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

IV HUNTER I like your reply and couldn't agree with you more................

Do what you want, don't worry about what others think. The world wouldn't function if we listened to what others think. First legal buck I see when D12 archery opens I'll take in a heart beat, them bucks down here don't show themselves much these days.

what I was getting at is......if you take small bucks does that do more harm than good to the herd or deer population? Is it better for the deer population/ herd to kill a small buck or a trophy buck?

Back