Map of Love Valley? (CNF)

MattNewcom11

Mar 18, 2016
Camp Pendleton
Does anyone have a cleveland national forest altas? If so could you post a picture of the area by lake henshaw love valley? Or just give me some info on the area? A buddy told me he hunts up there but I want to make sure I'm not trespassing. (I plan on buying the whole atlas but I'm hunting tommorow morning and they were closed today) Thanks.

Onx map app will help you. It's expensive but handy and will help keep you from a fine. That area is loaded with private land. If you see turkeys and or coyotes it's a good chance it's private

Just checked ONX(free trial) and the area I scouted out was in CNF so I'm good I think. It's probably way over hunted but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. Also, probably a stupid question, but I'm ok to just park my car along the side of the road and walk on in right? Read something about an "adventure pass" but it sounds like bs b/c that's public land.

Love Valley is surrounded with private land. Big area and you shouldn't have a problem staying within it's boundaries......Onx Maps is the best way to keep you on public (30 bucks?).....Although, almost everything around it is posted or fenced.

ps.....Everything north of S-7 is private until you get to Mile Marker 6.

Attachments

• love valley.jpg
    love valley.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 77
Didn't even see anything this morning except a herd of cattle that roams the valley (on public land) and 2 turkey hunters on my way out. I asked if they'd ever had luck here and they said they'd been hunting CNF for over a year and had never shot anything.. not exactly encouraging news for a new guy like myself.

I've seen plenty of coyote poop and mountain lion tracks there. But they are way smarter than most. In the words of the great Yogi Berra, "Nobody goes there anymore, It's too crowded".

My standard answer to new guy met in the woods "no I never see anything here"

One morning can't tell you much about a area. Keep scouting I promise there are places to hunt.

What were you looking for?

In all my years of hunting SD Co.....I've never seen a turkey or heard of a gobbler being taken in Love Valley.....Around it yes, in it?....No.... ???

Could turkeys show up tomorrow....Possible....But, area gets hammered in the spring & fall..... :(

ilovesprig said:
I all my years of hunting SD Co.....I've never seen a turkey or heard of a gobbler being taken in Love Valley.....Around it yes, in it?....No.... ???

Could turkeys show up tomorrow....Possible....But, area gets hammered in the spring & fall..... :(
The guys who told me about the place said they got a bobcat there this year.
Aeon said:
My standard answer to new guy met in the woods "no I never see anything here"

One morning can't tell you much about a area. Keep scouting I promise there are places to hunt.

What were you looking for?
Coyotes

I generally try to keep LV as my secret spot (lots of cows, few hunters, and no turkeys), but since you brought it up...
One year recently (keeping the exact year close to my vest) I was hunting doe (G13) in LV on the morning after a spooky holiday (I'd like to keep the holiday private). Before the sun came up and until 9am there was high volume techno music coming from the North Eastern end of the valley. I have always wanted to ask other hunters if they were there that morning and what was going on?
Was it some sort of freakish Halloween party til the sun comes up?
Next year I want to be invited to that party (Johnny can you get me in past the door man?) and more importantly I will be hunting somewhere else in the morning after that star-lit party ends because there were no deer.

(Side note: that morning an AR hunter was in the valley shooting into the brush attempting to scare out some deer. I have never wanted to have more orange on then that morning.)

DanSanDiego said:
I generally try to keep LV as my secret spot (lots of cows, few hunters, and no turkeys), but since you brought it up...
One year recently (keeping the exact year close to my vest) I was hunting doe (G13) in LV on the morning after a spooky holiday (I'd like to keep the holiday private). Before the sun came up and until 9am there was high volume techno music coming from the North Eastern end of the valley. I have always wanted to ask other hunters if they were there that morning and what was going on?
Next year I want to be invited to that party (Johnny can you get me in past the door man?) and more importantly I will be hunting somewhere else in the morning after that star-lit party ends because there were no deer.

(Side note: that morning an AR hunter was in the valley shooting into the brush attempting to scare out some deer. I have never wanted to have more orange on then that morning.)
Forest rave party.. only explanation. Why didn't u flock to the music? Could've been epic! Or possibly tweakers.

DanSanDiego said:

Scary stuff. Guy shooting into the brush. Trying to scare deer out. That guy has no business hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu