Meanwhile...waiting periods over?

msteiger

Oct 16, 2012
San Diego
Hey I heard this on the radio today. A federal judge said 10-day waiting periods were useless and unconstitutional for people who already own guns. Decision goes into effect in 6 months, unless some new law is passed...

What do you think?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-wait-period-apply-gun-owners-25121229

BREAKING: Calif. 10-day gun waiting period laws ruled unconstitutional

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7b69d67922f8e32ca499bb6b7&id=86aa126d2c

What you guys think?

msteiger said:
Hey I heard this on the radio today. A federal judge said 10-day waiting periods were useless and unconstitutional for people who already own guns. Decision goes into effect in 6 months, unless some new law is passed...

Im sure some new law will pass that will strangle us even more. but for now VERY COOL!!! Ive always thought hello "cooling off period" ive got a safe at home full of legally owned guns. Im a calm cool law abiding citizen i dont need a cooling off period because i stay frosty all the time.

quoted form the article.....
Under the court order, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) must change its systems to accommodate the unobstructed release of guns to gun buyers who pass a background check and possess a California license to carry a handgun, or who hold a “Certificate of Eligibility” issued by the DOJ and already possess at least one firearm known to the state.

So how hard will it be to get a " “Certificate of Eligibility” issued by the DOJ " and how much will it cost and how long will it take to get? I see this as a win but will it actually help the average gun buyer? I guess we will see.....

It's my understanding that the waiting period is so that anyone buying a firearm to hurt someone will cool down and change his mind.
I own quite a few firearms, and if I wanted to do that why would I go and buy another?
How about no waiting period of you already own a firearm and have passed the Hunter Safety Course?

California Cooling Off Period

Surprised to see nobody posted a topic on it. Got the email from Turners yesterday. California judge ruled "California's 10 day cooling off period" is unconstitutional. States that if a person has already undergone a background check and has a firearm registered with the DOJ, there's no need to cool off since you would already have a weapon and the cool off wouldn't do anything. An appeal is expected which would prolong this taking effect. Judge granted 180 days to exempt specific people.

http://www.turners.com/blog/federal-judge-rules-that-cae28099s-10-day-waiting-period-is-unconstitutional

Re: California Cooling Off Period

Ok... just kidding... I saw someone else posted on it. Didn't come up as "new" on my topics so I didn't see the previous. Disregard / delete thread.

Yea it was posted and there is wording that makes me wonder if it's really going to help but it is a step in the right direction.

It's a bit of good news, but I agree the wording of the ruling has more hedges than an English garden. I'm waiting to see more clarification before I get too excited.

Sent via Tapatalk

It's definitely a step in the right direction. It's heartening to see these things getting stuck down, even when so much other crap is floating around in the state senate and assembly.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu