MEAT GRINDERS

I have a Weston 1.5hp meat grinder and it is amazing. You could send an entire chihuahua through that thing and it wouldn’t blink an eye. Highly recommend it. Been using it for 4 seasons now and I have no regrets buying it. If you want to get done fast and have no issues go with a high HP grinder. It takes longer to set everything up and clean everything up than it does for me to grind an elk.

D,

Just picked up a NITB, #10 hand grinder for $5.00 at Good Willy...I know it's probably not what you're looking for, but for waterfowl that has steel shot or small game stuff...They work perfect.... :yum

215D31C7-71F8-4554-82F5-B8ABE0EA0DE6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Cabela's Commercial-Grade 1HP Carnivore Meat Grinder. I triple ground 20#s of elk and pork belly for snack sticks in about 20 minutes. It didn’t even break a sweat. 20210925_102127.jpg

Reactions: MJB
Cabelas grinder has been doing a great job for us for over 10 years

D,

Just picked up a NITB, #10 hand grinder for $5.00 at Good Willy...I know it's probably not what you're looking for, but for waterfowl that has steel shot or small game stuff...They work perfect.... :yum

View attachment 51319
That's the kind I have. It was my mothers, so no telling how old it is. I also have electric one, not anywhere near top of the line, but it works for me.

I am cheap so I bought the grinder attachment for the wife’s kitchen aide mixer. Worked just fine on the deer I got last year. But hey those big ones are nice!

I am cheap so I bought the grinder attachment for the wife’s kitchen aide mixer. Worked just fine on the deer I got last year. But hey those big ones are nice!
That's what I started with but the Cabela's Carnivore made that thing look like a little bitch. We ground 25#s with the kitchen aid and had to ice the motor because it was getting soo hot. And it took FOREVER!

Reactions: msailor
I don't use one...i pay for everything...that away I don't have to touch it...but if I did.
I would use one of those out of the Cabela's catalog...fo sho..

Reactions: msailor
I have a LEM big bite works great for my needs in reality a bit of overkill I could of gone smaller unit. I also have the kitchenaid attachment one also works not the best but works.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu