MO Whitetail Doe down

BakoHNTR

Jun 4, 2016
Finishing up my yearly Missouri DIY public land hunt. My sister, brother-in-law, and myself were all able to harvest a doe. Legal bucks were a little scarce this year, had a few that seemed big enough but could not confirm a 4th point on one side. Probably saw 75 deer this week hunting across three different Conservation Areas. I think I added around 50 miles to my boots, all our kills were a few miles to drag out.
This was my 6 month old son's first hunting trip, I think he had a good time. I'm really excited to share this tradition with him as he grows older.
c07977d16426fed1423f6316dcba48a3.jpg
38f4e482756ff623b094fc6997383c36.jpg
a10ad504bec2b3ac8b03ecf904ffca04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ... what kind of rifle and ammo you are using...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I shoot 150gr Remington Core Lokt in 30.06 out here. (They have a similar bullet drop to the lead-free 95/5s I shoot in CA so I don't have to change the dial on my BDC scope.)

I think I've killed 10 or 11 deer out here at varying distances and have never had to track more than 30-40 yards. These big Missouri whitetail are sissies compared to the Mulies out west, but man are they tasty (corn and soybean diet helps).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu