MORE HENSHAW ACTION

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
We had a pretty good day yesterday at Henshaw, we were able to take 33 more carp out of the lake. The lake has been really dirty so most of the shots are at fish that are right on the surface about 20 yards out any closer and they drop down and you can't see them.
Tournament next weekend, hope we're ready.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 23
Lungpopper said:
We had a pretty good day yesterday at Henshaw, we were able to take 33 more carp out of the lake. The lake has been really dirty so most of the shots are at fish that are right on the surface about 20 yards out any closer and they drop down and you can't see them.
there is no water contact allowed at Henshaw you can't even use waders or float tube keep out of the water

Lungpopper said:
I have been fishing Lake Morena the last 3 weeks and the Carp are thick on the surface in the AM

sherpa said:
Lungpopper said:
I have been fishing Lake Morena the last 3 weeks and the Carp are thick on the surface in the AM

That's an option. How is the clarity of the water up there?
After the tournament this weekend we need to get ready for big bear. It will be fairly clear water and the fish will be deeper.

Just ordered my AMS bowfishing bow can't wait to get out and smack so carp with you guys!

Bowfishing ? I have shot rays in the back bay, and carp at Big Bear and Bishop, but I’m not always sure on the laws. Can you argue that it is fishing equipment and you should be able to use it anywhere that fishing is allowed. There are a bunch of city parks around with tons of carp spawning right now. You would think that they would want your help getting them out, but it just doesn’t seem like a good idea. Has anyone ever looked into bow fishing in city parks?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu