Mountain Lion Hunting

Man I almost hate to post this pic considering the mountain lion hunting status of you poor hunters in California. One of my guide sent this pic to me today. We are offering mountain lion hunts for the first time next year. Due to our inexperience with this hunting we are running a practice season this year and those guys are having a ball! Guide said he loves it. I am in Wyoming right now, but will be back up to Montana to join the fun shortly. I am really looking forward to getting out there in the white winter and chasing some cats! I've got 4 snowmachines I'm bringing in and the first one arrives tomorrow, can't wait.

Attachments

• Big Bad Tom pic.jpg
    Big Bad Tom pic.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 28
"Yeah, in Cali it's the hunters on the rock being treed by the cats."

Got it wrong. Replace 'cats' with HSUS. But that's someone else's problem, right?

TonyS said:
But that's someone else's problem, right?

Come on Debbie Downer... Thanks to Wheels and others here, we now know we all need to get involved. Just saying, maybe a little less condescension. You're pretty new here and almost ever post you've had has been like this. How about you introduce yourself on the newbie thread before calling us out for not being involved. No offense, I just can't tell if you're trying to be motivating or depressing.
ra8emu5a.jpg

I do my part. And this board isn't the only one in the universe. Don't see much of use in your posts 8steel.

Two Bear - you ever watch Mountain Men? The guy Rich on there is in MT and he hunts lions but mostly just to shoo them - scares the hell out of them with his dogs and yelling and shots. It's pretty fun to watch him track them though, esp. his dogs.

Looks like sometimes he needs to go by horseback since the lions' territory is so broad that you could never cover it all on foot.

Suburban Adventuress said:
Two Bear - you ever watch Mountain Men? The guy Rich on there is in MT and he hunts lions but mostly just to shoo them - scares the hell out of them with his dogs and yelling and shots. It's pretty fun to watch him track them though, esp. his dogs.

Looks like sometimes he needs to go by horseback since the lions' territory is so broad that you could never cover it all on foot.

Guys nuts lol

Suburban Adventuress said:

Rich is badass!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu