Mountain lion siting in neighborhood in Santa B.

any one living in semi rual areas have keep their pets locked up, these dam cats will sneek up on a dog while it's sleeping. doesn't stand a chance. if it locks on their throat.
I want to get my dogs wide collars to help, give a fighting chance. seen putty cat paws on a round the property..

Is it wrong for me to think it's a bad idea for them to Tranq a cat like this whose made the choice to venture into inhabited areas? Pondering this I'm thinking wouldn't he be more likely to pass-along that "wandering spirit" gene down to his decendants? I dunno, figure if ya take out the ones which choose to interact with us, you'd be left with the ones that are more into avoiding us. Just like we do with domestic dogs. If your dogs kills another dog, by law that dog has to be put down. Wondering if same theory shouldn't be applied here?

This is nothing for SB. As a kid I can remember walking into the kitchen and looking out the sliding glass door. There was a long tail standing there waiting for us to let out the dogs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu