MRCA

coyotekid87

I live in LA county, (D11) and have seen much wildlife in whats known as the MRCA or Mountains recreation and conservation Authority. I have checked on their website and it is specified as public land however there is no mention about it being legal for hunting. Does anyone know first hand about this organization and whether or not hunting is indeed legal on those lands? Any info would be great. Thanks guys!

MCRA like our conservancy properties down here in San Diego are public property (government) in the sense people go and walk there and have limited access.....Hunting at least down here is NOT allowed.....Public land in a way, but not really IMO.

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwjugeyXxNLHAhVSmYgKHU1sAOI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrca.ca.gov%2F&ei=k97jVa7sEdKyogTN2IGQDg&usg=AFQjCNEJotrPabKkbRnJ0N7X6GvnUFBWFQ&sig2=-6fWFF-dzA9L7Q06Lr9htw

Like Steve said. Some of our wildlife areas, allow restricted hunting. For example hunting with shotguns but no rifles or pistol's. No deer hunting, each has it's restrictions. Some no hunting at all. NFS and BLM are your best bets.
Ghost

Found these 2 sections in the ordinance declaration in the website.
§ 3.6. Wildlife. (a) No person shall hunt, fish, or take wildlife, except that the Executive Officer may designate and post fishing areas specifically developed for that purpose. Taking of wildlife shall have the same meaning as defined in the California Fish and Game Code § 86. Violation of this section is punishable pursuant to § 5.0(a) and § 6.2.1(b)(4).
§ 3.7. Weapons. No person shall possess a firearm, bow and arrow(s), or any air or spring powered device capable of firing a projectile, including, but not limited to, any paint ball gun, BB gun or pellet gun. Violation of this section is punishable pursuant to § 5.0(a) and § 6.2.1(b)(3).

Thanks Centermass, Ghost, that map is awesome! I feel like I have seen it before, but its a bit out of date (1994), still a damn good reference. Do you know what websites I can browse to find a more up to date shooting map? If it exists...

coyotekid87 said:
Thanks Centermass, Ghost, that map is awesome! I feel like I have seen it before, but its a bit out of date (1994), still a damn good reference. Do you know what websites I can browse to find a more up to date shooting map? If it exists...

welcome, I suggest check with the local sheriff

Ghost

Back