My Day in Pictures.....8-10-16

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Started the morning at my friends duck club.....He asked me to check to see if there were any doves in the sunflowers....Looked like Argentina!

Next it was Sonny Bono & Hazard.....Fields have been worked and getting irrigated.....Lots of mallards.

Next stop was the DFW/Heritage Fields.....Loaded with white-wing & mourning doves.

Next, drop off new signs to Rick for Wister (paid for by Friends of Wister).....Drove most the north end.....Where there was water, there were ducks.....Mostly cinnamons, mallards, with some gadwalls mixed in. Even saw the 1st pintail that have come down.....One word of caution....There are new mud pots in 115C-1 & 312C-1.....The pot in 312C-1 is in the field!!!....Southea st corner.....It will be fenced & posted.

Lunch at the Buckshot. Then it was time to hit the mountains on the way home.....Poults are getting big and even saw a few longbeards that made it through the season.....Changed a couple of trail cam cards....Big boy is still hanging around and a buck that I've watched for at least 4 years (unique antlers) showed up....Finished the day by seeing a great buck D-16 leaving the property

.005.JPG 012.JPG 033.JPG 016.JPG 028.JPG.079.JPG 253.JPG 112.JPG

Awesome pics like always Steve. It's starting to feel like dove season more and more, the humid mornings, the afternoon storm clouds roaming around, dust storms.

That's sweet man. Look at that buck! Hopefully he doesn't elude you this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know guys.......The beauty of San Diego/SoCal is ANYBODY can do what I did on week-ends (if they can't during the week).....Wister/Salton Sea is less than 2 1/2 hours away, scouting out there costs nothing.....Public land is abundant on the way home too.....Again scouting for deer or whatever costs nothing (gas, of course).

Reactions: Tybo16

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu