My Dog Sprig

WaterDog

Just thought I’d post a picture of my lab Sprig. I took the pic while he was sitting next to my duck blind. He’s scanning the horizon for ducks as he always does. Yes I know I forgot to remove his red collar that day but we did get limits and none flared because of it. I’ve had labs for 30+ years and he is the best of all of them and they were all great dogs. I got him at 14 months as a started dog. He has been the best trained, most obedient, best hunting, most affectionate dog I’ve had. When he was young and being trained he was featured in articles in 6 issues of CWA magazine. I like to think of him as a celebrity. He’s an aggressive hunter both upland and waterfowl in the field and a mellow laid back guy at home.
He’s retired as of this year due to age (he’s 13) and some medical problems. He currently spends his days as a spoiled couch potato. He may not be able to hunt any longer but he and I have many many great memories. Enjoy the pic.
B5AF79A9-69DB-45E0-A1F5-03677602CC77.jpeg

Just thought I’d post a picture of my lab Sprig. I took the pic while he was sitting next to my duck blind. He’s scanning the horizon for ducks as he always does. Yes I know I forgot to remove his red collar that day but we did get limits and none flared because of it. I’ve had labs for 30+ years and he is the best of all of them and they were all great dogs. I got him at 14 months as a started dog. He has been the best trained, most obedient, best hunting, most affectionate dog I’ve had. When he was young and being trained he was featured in articles in 6 issues of CWA magazine. I like to think of him as a celebrity. He’s an aggressive hunter both upland and waterfowl in the field and a mellow laid back guy at home.
He’s retired as of this year due to age (he’s 13) and some medical problems. He currently spends his days as a spoiled couch potato. He may not be able to hunt any longer but he and I have many many great memories. Enjoy the pic.
View attachment 44574
Kudos to you for realizing its time for retirement , I'm sure he'll a great retirement. Cheers to a geat dog who had a great run! Looking forward to those retirement photos.

Back