My First Hunting Rifle

Gmghunt101

Nov 12, 2014
On Friday afternoon, my dad told me we had to go by Fine Firearms to pick up some more ammo for the season. We had been sharing a rifle so I assumed we just needed some extra. I was in for a surprise because when I got there my uncle was also there. We got some ammo and then they had me check out this new rifle. My dad claims he can't describe my face when they told me that it would be my new hunting rifle. A brand new ruger all American 7mm-08 rem mounted with a redfield scope all ready to hunt. I can't be more grateful to my dad and uncle for buying me this new rifle and John from Fine Firearms for helping with the selection of the gun and caliber to help make the perfect setup for me. I was able to go out and shoot this morning and I can say I'm very happy with the way it shoots and how it feels in my hands. I look forward to many successful hunts with my new rifle.

Attachments

• gmg.jpg
    gmg.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 80
  • gmg1.jpg
    gmg1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 75
Congrats on the new rifle. I have the same set up , It's my go to rifle for all my hunting. Good luck this season.

Awesome! I bet your dad can't wait to see your face when you get a buck with that rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sweet! After I got my own I decided to personalize it.. For every kill I made I put a little skull and crossbones sticker on the stalk. People would always ask, what's up with all the stickers on your rifle? I can remember every animal that goes with every sticker.. Good luck out there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu