My Morning in Pictures...2-10-15

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Scouted yesterday morning for turkeys.......Ended up just being a good day in seeing wildlife......Bucks with antlers, bucks without, and a bunch of turkeys too.

Man, I love our East County.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    505.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    611.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    722.8 KB · Views: 24
SurfNHuntSD said:
Great pix once again! MCC property or elsewhere?

All different spots, except the two antlerless bucks ......The last gobbler was on Santa Ysabel Preserve where the youth hunt will be held.

sprig, thank you for all the info and pictures you share. I look forward to seeing your posts as I always learn something new. And seeing your pics makes me anxious to get out more.

dano626 said:
sprig, thank you for all the info and pictures you share. I look forward to seeing your posts as I always learn something new. And seeing your pics makes me anxious to get out more.

Dano,

Your more than welcome.......I've always liked pictures more than words....... ;)

ilovesprig said:
SurfNHuntSD said:

All different spots, except the two antlerless bucks ......The last gobbler was on Santa Ysabel Preserve where the youth hunt will be held.

Sprig my 8 year old gets his license this week. I am going to sign him up for the youth hunt raffle at the tune up. The hunts are all in blinds correct. He will be shooting a little 20 ga semi auto but in a blind I will feel like I can help him and talk him through it a little more.

Truduct said:
ilovesprig said:
SurfNHuntSD said:

Sprig my 8 year old gets his license this week. I am going to sign him up for the youth hunt raffle at the tune up. The hunts are all in blinds correct. He will be shooting a little 20 ga semi auto but in a blind I will feel like I can help him and talk him through it a little more.

Drew,

There are no blinds......Camp Hope is a short walk though. You can carry a ground blind to the areas. If you get drawn and need one, your more than welcome to borrow one of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_7343.JPG
    IMG_7343.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 25
Sweet love scouting turkey this time of year. I'm in nor cal lots of turkey around the opener can't come soon enough. I'm new to this forum but will be checking in. I look forward to seeing what the so cal turkey season has to offer.

That's some good S@$t there buddy, love turkey hunting. The one is the new state record non tpy I took in 2014.

Attachments

• New state record.JPG
    New state record.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 28
  • SUNP0022.JPG
    SUNP0022.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
Great birds guys..........Heck, I didn't even know there was a state record for turkeys........lol

A couple of big boys with the kids........ ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    940.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    940 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6801.JPG
    IMG_6801.JPG
    849.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7058.JPG
    IMG_7058.JPG
    632.3 KB · Views: 13
That's sweet. My older daughter is nine and getting pretty good with her bow I'm hoping one day she will be hunting with me. Our all those so cal turkey?

tyrkeystalker said:
That's sweet. My older daughter is nine and getting pretty good with her bow I'm hoping one day she will be hunting with me. Are all those so cal turkey?

Yep......San Diego Co.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    540.8 KB · Views: 16

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu