My newbie oath

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
Fellow newbies, I'm a coyote hunter looking to broaden my hunting skills and education on all things hunting. I've been a JR member on this site for about 2 years now, and have recently found out that newbies on here are not only frowned upon, but also disrespected. As hunting regs can be quite confusing, I've had to learn certain information the hard way when certain questions are chewed up and spit back in your face by certain guru and hero members. I solemnly swear to you, that if you don't want to deal with @$$e $ or be made to feel stupid on here, than you can PM me and I will do everything I can to answer your questions or point you to another member that acts in a decent manner. It's time for us worthless newbies to rise up!

Howlz

yotekid87,

I just filter whatever replies I get... remember the good ones and move forward from the ones that don't help in answering your question. And any newbie can hit me up if you guys need any help figuring something out. I know I pm some of the guys here and they help out a bunch. Good Luck

Seriously? you get one snarky response in your thread on the regs and now we are a site that does not help newbies. That's crap, this site more than most helps newbies. Our mods go to crazy lengths to help kids and new hunters here and in real world programs. Yes if you come on and say "where can I pig hunt in San Diego" you are not going to get any love but there are thousands of help threads in here.

Go read your Reg help thread again and say you got no help

Aeon said:
Seriously? you get one snarky response in your thread on the regs and now we are a site that does not help newbies. That's crap, this site more than most helps newbies. Our mods go to crazy lengths to help kids and new hunters here and in real world programs. Yes if you come on and say "where can I pig hunt in San Diego" you are not going to get any love but there are thousands of help threads in here.

X2 we were all noobs once. I'll admit I've said some stupid s*** on here. Hell I bet everyone on here can attest to that. But this forum is unique in the fact that the guys on here are some of the most hardcore hunters around that aren't opposed to helping newbies. Sometimes you just need to watch what you say. Try another forum I dare you. The people won't be half as nice as on here.

Aeon said:

I'm not saying I didn't get help, I've said numerous times on that post how I appreciate everyone's help. But I've received lots of heat on threads in the past. Yesterday was just my tipping point. And it's not based on one remark. Lots of guys on here (not naming names) have said lots of stupid sh*t on here directly dissing newer guys. I'm just trying to say, that for us newbies, we should be able to seek certain information that may be hard for us to find and not have someone chime in and say that we're stupid, or it's in the regs book..things are easily overlooked all the time and lots of us do need some guidance which is the reason we're here. You did help me yesterday, I thank you for that, don't think that this thread was to diss you or cry about one snarky remark..I appreciate all of you guys for the info you give me

Rise up?

Okay a little patients and thicker skin can really help when on the web.

MJB said:
Rise up?

Okay a little patients and thicker skin can really help when on the web.

Yea rise up, ask questions. PM certain members. People come here for info, not disrespect. If some members offered to answer more questions instead of being disrespectful to others than this site would act more like what it's intended for..plan and simple. Bottom line. Clear enough for you?

I agree no one deserves disrespect but lighten up its the web.....hence my hints to getting along and taking the higher road

Not everyone is going to get along so just take it with a grain of salt not the entire salt mine

I feel you bro..it just takes me back to when I tried to sell my bow on here. People can tend to get off topic, be insulting or complain about how you word something. Not trying to knock anyone here, I'd just like to start seeing more people talking and commenting about the particular discussion instead of bs on someone's thread because they don't like their questions or what they have to say. When you need to research something it's so annoying when you find an article and look through it only to find that 3 responses are related to the discussion and 60 responses are BS..all I'm trying to say. And there are tons of guys on here that are super helpful and I really appreciate any info the vets give me. Not trying to seem like I'm starting problems, just want newer guys to know that stupid questions don't exist, we're all here for info from each other and ignore the BS on their posts.

I understand where you are coming from Ck87 and agree somewhat. But there are some really great guys on this board for sure, and even the guys who come off as possibly disrespectful I don't think mean to be. I know there are guys on this board who have really helped me and they did not know me from adam. I think the good guys on this board far outweigh the bad (in a landslide). I think people need to realize it really plays against them not to help. Sure tell somebody go to a website don't be lazy, don't ask dumb questions, and all that will do is kill your traditions and way of life faster than anything else you can do. Ok you can say if you are not willing to go do all that then you shouldn't be hunting anyways, well I will tell you it doesn't mean you are lazy just means you were looking for help plain and simple. And this notion that you should have to work super hard just to be able to hunt is crazy!!! That's a liberal idea in itself, kinda like the extremely confusing game regs our state provides us. I will tell you it is definitely not thought of like that by my friends or family who live in Texas and Oklahoma. They look at it as a way of life and one they would be happy to show anyone. That doesn't mean they would give up their honey holes or tell you exactly where to go, but I guarantee you would get positive instruction. You should work hard in the field, not trying to understand the rules and regs IMO. I just wish I was closer because I could have learned so much more from them. If you want to keep your guns, if you want to keep your hunting rights the very best way to do that is by having more people own guns and hunt. Plain and simple. You want people in office to push your agenda then you need votes. That is where the true power is. Why do you think this state is in the crapper? One of the biggest reasons is the three biggest cities LA, SD, and SF are all incredibly liberal and by far have the most votes which gives them the biggest voice.

I know a lot may not agree with me and that is fine but that is my opinion and how I feel and for now it is still a free country. You will always catch more flies with honey then you will with vinegar, we should all be taking people to hunt as much as we can. Even though I do not know them, I see guys on here like Aeon, MJB, and Ilovesprig not to mention a lot of others always offering help. I know this is the internet and you will always get negative remarks anywhere in life but whether you agree with me or not we should all at least think about it a bit. OK rant over lol

coyotekid87 said:
I'm sorry could you repeat that? Lol

I know right, I should just take it down. I don't think I could have been any more long winded lol. Almost never do that.

Michael951 said:
coyotekid87 said:
I'm sorry could you repeat that? Lol

I know right, I should just take it down. I don't think I could have been any more long winded lol. Almost never do that.

In the words of Abe Lincoln: I'm sorry for the length of my letter, but I didn't have time to write a short one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu