My ram rebel ecodiesal blew up.

popeyoung13

Feb 25, 2023
Got a recall letter 5 months ago. Fuel pumps defective. Well, mine imploded @26k miles, 17 months. Tuttle click says 3 months for parts. 16k. And in 12 days, I drive for sheep and mulie bow. Glad it didn't happen on hwy. 395.

So 1 eco has been waiting for 3 months for parts. 31 days and I file a lemon law suit and yes, I am renting a 4x4 next week for my hunts. Total bs.

Bummer. Those engines are trash unfortunately. Stick to the Cummins or the gasser.

My son has the Ram 2500 diesel. Fuel pump went out first year and caused 17k in damage good thing it was under warranty. Then he has had multiple other issues. Been in in out of shop last 3 months for transmission issues. Last time in there for 2 months and change a pressure pump in tranny. Dealer said tranny shoulf been replaced but factory would not authorize. We were at Lake Powell last week and tranny gave out again. Had it towed to St. George and he rented a truck to pull his trailer home. Still waiting the see what factory will say

Bummer. Those engines are trash unfortunately. Stick to the Cummins or the gasser.
True...I was considering one of those when I bought my last truck. My diesel mechanic son told me basically the same thing about the Eco-diesel. He said to go with the Cummins as they're about bulletproof as long as you do the maintenance. So I've got a Ram 2500 with the Cummins.

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu