National Forest closures

No mention of the copper bullet for the D16 Forky..PHEEWW!!! Dodged a bullet there fellas...lets not give the greenies any ideas!!

jeez i'll be checking daily. hoping to scout d14 next mon and tues. that blows for archery. hope they reopen soon.

jeez i'll be checking daily. hoping to scout d14 next mon and tues. that blows for archery. hope they reopen soon.
Yeah keep watching. Be advised San Gorgonio Wilderness is closed until at least Oct 1 due to the el dorado fire.

Reactions: oscar
So the Covid closures taught them they can do what they want when there is a crisis. Chipping away at freedoms. Don’t get me wrong when gender reveal partys start fires the forests need protecting too but it’s still an infringement on rights.

My buddy told me Monday, he was going to hunt Los Padres, near Fraizer Park. I hope he saw the news and didn't drive up there for nothing.

It’s closed because of the fires and lack of resources due to corona came down from the regional forester. Agree with it or not no right or wrong but just know fire resources are on severe draw down lowest I have seen in my 25 years

It’s closed because of the fires and lack of resources due to corona came down from the regional forester. Agree with it or not no right or wrong but just know fire resources are on severe draw down lowest I have seen in my 25 years
Totally agree with you. Horrendous fire conditions, multiple very large fires, resources stretched thin. The last thing these guys need is people out there getting in the way, putting them in harms way, starting new fires. Unfortunately people just continue to do really stupid shit on a daily basis. It sucks for scouting and for bow hunters but losing your property sucks a lot more.

As it was already mentioned, there is a lot of fires out there and resources (fire crews) are stretched thin and working extra hard...it's been long hours with the minimum rest possible.

There are crews driving up and down the state and on our mountain roads...now, yes it sucks that the forests are closed and people want the freedom to get out there and hike and hunt, but unfortunately, there is people exercising their "freedom" and "right" to race on the mountain roads, drink their modelo and shoot fireworks into the woods and starting fires (few weeks ago) or as in the latest example, using pyrotechnic devices near the brush.

I want to be out there with my bow as much as anyone else but I also want my brothers and sisters to have the freedom and rights to work hard and came back home safely to their loved ones.

ffighter.jpg
A firefighter found a comfortable piece of dirt to rest after a long shift.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I heard from my buddy,
He drove early this morning from Anaheim to Frazier Park off the 5, to get turned around when he got to the forest entrance. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: dhntr48
Is anybody else sick of the decades of piss poor management closing and destroying everything? Their choice to NOT set prescribed fires in the winter during more controllable conditions is effectively the same as setting things on fire in the summer and fall during the hottest and windiest days of the year.

I know the forest lands are federal and not state, but I can’t help thinking the closure may last until after the election. The way CA is keeping so many other things closed until then.

Is anybody else sick of the decades of piss poor management closing and destroying everything? Their choice to NOT set prescribed fires in the winter during more controllable conditions is effectively the same as setting things on fire in the summer and fall during the hottest and windiest days of the year.

Yep. Basically 100 years of fire suppression has put us here. A lot Forest land depends on fire for regeneration. Unfortunately when it doesn’t burn for decades it can burn so it hot it just kills everything. Anyone remember when the hike up to Stonewall peak was a nice oak shaded trail?

Yep. Basically 100 years of fire suppression has put us here. A lot Forest land depends on fire for regeneration. Unfortunately when it doesn’t burn for decades it can burn so it hot it just kills everything. Anyone remember when the hike up to Stonewall peak was a nice oak shaded trail?
It's because we don't have fires anymore, we have infernos. A fire would be something we could have in March if planned. Unfortunately we, or our idiotic leaders, have decided to have them unplanned in the summer and fall.

Reactions: Muley Buck
You guys have no idea how difficult it is to plan a burn and to have it actually go through in this state. We prep multiple plots yearly only to have some special interest or endangered something another environmental Waco etc shut us down. It’s the land of lawyers and lawsuits

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu