Nebraska Public Land Whitetail

jtay56

Sep 23, 2013
Hemet
Tagged out on nice drop tine on public land. This deer presented a three yard shot directly under a stand which I had hung the previous afternoon! Shot entered top of one lung and exited bottom of the other lung with the standard muzzy three blade guided GT Hunter causing massive blood loss and a 45 yard blood trail. This non typical had a total of 18 score able points with some extra junk thrown on there. Measures approx 8 circumference at bases. This is my first bow kill and even first buck! I could not be more thrilled that this big boy will soon be hanging in the living room!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
Excellent deer Jtay! Glad you shared it! Like LP said "That's going to be hard to top"!

Awesome buck! I had a chance to move to Omaha a couple years ago, and just couldn't get the wife to pull the trigger. I regret it every day, seeing stuff like this......

Congrats!

Muledeerhunter said:
Nice buck, congrats. Jtay, do you see mule deer now there too?

Not common at all where I was hunting. Couple of does get shot every year in the area tho

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu