Need recommendations!

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
A few guys from work and I are trying to plan a fishing trip this summer and need some recommendations.

-It will be 6-8 guys
-Day trip to day and a half trip
-Looking to go out of SD (anywhere in SD county is fine)

Any recommendations of boats or captains would be great! Thanks

I don't like the heads on the prowler way to easy to get tossed overboard

6-8 your kinda too big for a 6pack but too small for the bigger boats. So you might have to join a few others on the bigger boats. The condor, eclipse, islander, vagabond, fortune..........there's a bunch of good ones but these I've been on and would go again.

Your best bet is go midweek if you can otherwise it's going to be crowded. 1.5 trip will give you a full day of fishing and two nights on the boat.

I would fish with one of the Tafts.Chuck owns five boats (he runs the Legend),his brother Bob owns and runs the Top Gun 80..good fishing family they will put you m on fish.

Check out the Invicta from Point Loma. Sweet ride up to date very comfy and they know how to fish. If you can get a spot on any of their trips jump on it.

Sent from my Torque

If you can stay out longer then try the Rooster. Expensive but Andy puts fish on the boat.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu