New Aero Solus build

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
My friend that does concrete helped me build a new BBQ in the back yard. For payment I helped him build a new rifle and just got it shooting. I read about the new Aero Solus action and offered that up as a choice. After going over all the different actions and their prices he decided on the Aero. We opted to not use the barrel but and have it properly fitted to the action ( I’m not a fan of barrel nuts). We used a Bartline barrel in sendero contour with deep spiral flutes, Jewell trigger, 419 brake, warne rings, Zeiss scope, and the chassis from Aero as well. Chambered in 6.5 creedmore at Fine Fire Arms it was easy to find a sweet spot. 42.5 gr of H4350 and 143 ELDX’s single digit SD’s first time out at 2770 AVG.

Side note the Aero chassis is not designed to not use the barrel but and had to be milled out a bit. IMG_7599.jpegIMG_7598.jpeg72160100858__8DE5701C-DF67-4793-9595-ED5E1EDE791F.jpeg

Very sweet rig Scoob! Try some of the Berger 140 Elite hunters. I think you will be happy! Fine Firearms has them in stock (or did last Sunday).

Nice! Time to down a critter with it, bbq it, and bring it full circle!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ofdscooby

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu