New AR laws?

Featureless for me. As I read the law, if you register you cannot make any changes to the weapon after that. So no changing the upper etc.. I also interpret that the registered AW needs to have a bullet button installed and you will have to apply to DOJ to have it un-registered if you wish to later and likely pay another fee etc. They will also not register a stripped lower, so if your sitting on a few, they will have to be complete rifles for registration.

Reactions: Goyaałé
yes you can hunt with your RAW! IMHO

California Penal Code Section 30945

(f) While on publicly owned land, if the possession and use of a firearm described in Section 30510, 30515, 30520, or 30530, is specifically permitted by the managing agency of the land.

please see a lawyer as i could be full of crap

Last edited:
IMG_1114.JPG Wanted to share. Just finished my sons featureless modern sporting rifle. Got a blemished thordson stock. Looks ok ish but like the one I tried last year it is good quality and does the job.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Just my 2 cents do yourself a favor & DO NOT buy the AR MAGLOCK absolute P.O.S waste of $ 55 & doesn't work for sh€% not to mention the company is going through some serious legal stuff videos look great but doesn't work like they show.

Don't know about all that but my dad opted for an ar mag lock on his ar10 and it actually works ok on his. But it's not sold at all for me.

I'm not sold on the thordson either but as of now all my sporting rifles have them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu