New bow purchased

Halety

Oct 28, 2013
Looking for some help setting up my new bow. Still pretty green to bow hunting. More so to setting up a bow. Got a wild hair and sprung for a new Chill. My local bow shop seems to be causing more harm then good. Not happy at all with their after purchase attention or tuning. Looking for a better( customer friendly) bow shop in my area. Or anyone in my area who would be willing help me get this thing shooting straight. I'll supply the beer/food. That or share some good hunting spots! I live near Ventura. Any tips or directions greatly appreciated! Tyler

How is it set up right now? Sight, rest, draw length and weight? What arrows? Might help us identify a problem without seeing you actually shoot.

Apache rest. Trophy ridge react sight. 27 draw. 60lbs. Gold tip 5575. 125 field tips.

We have a great bow shop down here ( Bow and Arrow Shop ) that I highly recommend. Problem is your three and a half hours away.

What is it your having problems with?

Fetching it hitting the rest. Seems like tail of arrow is coming out low? Had it set at 20 and it still seemed to be on. Take it out further and can't get anything consistent. Today had it driving tacts at 60. And it was way off at 20. It's brand new. Set up at the shop I bought it at. Nothing was tightened. So it was falling apart. Now I'm trying to put it back together.

If you're ever in bakersfield we have a good shop called the archery shop that will set you up

Call Mathews they would like to know if a dealer is having problems, and can recommend another.

Let me guess the local shop rhymes with "bergsons?" I am in no way an archery shop but I also live in Ventura and I have a few tools laying around that might help. PM me if you want to shoot and tune.

Halety said:
Fetching it hitting the rest. Seems like tail of arrow is coming out low? Had it set at 20 and it still seemed to be on. Take it out further and can't get anything consistent. Today had it driving tacts at 60. And it was way off at 20. It's brand new. Set up at the shop I bought it at. Nothing was tightened. So it was falling apart. Now I'm trying to put it back together.
Google "walk back tuning". That might help if your on at 60 and off at 20. Thats a bummer that the place you bought it cant seem to help you.

if youre ever in Orange County, swing by Archery Outpost in Los Alamitos. We are an authorized Mathew's Dealer and the head bow tech Connor Kelly can assist you in any tuning you need. He is a Mathews Certified bow tech!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/archery-outpost-los-alamitos

Did you get my PM Drewski? And I'm working on the picture. Not to good at uploading from my phone.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu