New bow

I thought about doing something like that and actually built the press in a way that i can do so but haven't made anything to keep the bow from falling after the shot. I could probably bungicord bow from riser but that won't let it relax after shot. Also I would have to point the bow the other direction so I can shoot out my garage door into my backyard. I've seen some DIY setups online that I may try later.

OCOutdoors said:
I thought about doing something like that and actually built the press in a way that i can do so but haven't made anything to keep the bow from falling after the shot. I could probably bungicord bow from riser but that won't let it relax after shot. Also I would have to point the bow the other direction so I can shoot out my garage door into my backyard. I've seen some DIY setups online that I may try later.

Well with what I've seen so far, you're probably more than capable of a DIY hooter shooter. They are EXPENSIVE! I've talked to a couple people who have used them and with very positive results.

Yea, I here arrows can get expensive cause they are that accurate. I can usually build it but not always able to think it up, that's what's nice about the net. I've seen some out of wood, metal and even a Ryobi Miter Saw Stand which is the one I was thinking about doing but would be cheaper to build into my press.

Your first couple of robin hoods are cool, after that you get pissed because it costs you money. Nice set up.
Are there any advantages of tuning with bare shafts over paper tuning?

Not really sure if there is a benefit of one over the other, I just didn't have anything to make a paper tuner. After I get everything tuned this way I will try some broadheads then maybe build a paper tuner just to see how the fly.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu