New family member!!!

We are still thinking about names,
I said Buck.. my funny a.. wife said “yea... thats the only way you are gonna have a buck in your hands...”
She loves me..... :)
But we are also considering Cooper, Duke, Chocolate ( too long for commands)...
I am going to reach out to the members of this site for snake training and retrieve training.
Please give me advise.
Fabian...

Reactions: MAG 1
If u name him Gauge, That can be his middle name, because after he destroys the house u will be call him, Goddam it Gauge.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Cute pup Fabian now the challenge will be to pry him away from your daughter for training and hunting. You'll have to wait until he is at least six months old to snake avresion train him ( because of the fear periods they go through when young) We can help with retriever lessons if you like there also lots of good publications out there if you want to read up on retrieving and do it yourself. An old rule my wife had about naming dogs don't name them after a bad habit they have she liked to tell folks that the behavior would stay with them because of that. I like one syllable names because they are easier to use when training and hunting.

Cute pup Fabian now the challenge will be to pry him away from your daughter for training and hunting. You'll have to wait until he is at least six months old to snake avresion train him ( because of the fear periods they go through when young) We can help with retriever lessons if you like there also lots of good publications out there if you want to read up on retrieving and do it yourself. An old rule my wife had about naming dogs don't name them after a bad habit they have she liked to tell folks that the behavior would stay with them because of that. I like one syllable names because they are easier to use when training and hunting.
Ok. I will reach out to you when he gets there. In the mean time, are there any games I can play with him to start getting his interest on hunting?

If u name him Gauge, That can be his middle name, because after he destroys the house u will be call him, Goddam it Gauge.

found this on the web:
“With the right handling techniques, most young Labradors begin to calm down around their first birthday. And are fairly 'settled' in temperament by the time they are eighteen months old.
OMG!!!
What a year I have ahead of me...
:)

Ver cool congrats.
Hide everything that can fit in his mouth or you will find it in his crap in the yard. Notorious for eating everything they can get their teeth on.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu