New from temecula

Jlane1978

Jun 22, 2015
Temecula
Hi everyone. New to this site but this will be my third season hunting, Still have a lot to learn. This year I have a x10, D15 and a bear tag. Looking to take my first CA buck and bear. I've only had luck in Missouri on our land we own.

Welcome to SCH JL. What has your experience been like so far out here, aside from being more challenging, compared to Missouri?
;)

Bonejour said:
Welcome to SCH JL. What has your experience been like so far out here, aside from being more challenging, compared to Missouri?
;)

I've been in SoCal my whole life. Just started hunting a few years ago. For some reason my grandma bought 300 acres in Missouri and gave it to my brothers and I, So I decided to start hunting. It's a lot diffrent hunting here in Cali. In Missouri i walk a few 100 yards into the woods and start seeing deer everywhere. I walk miles here in Cali and all I see are a few tracks.

I have a question about second deer tag. Can I take a second deer or is it just in case I don't take a deer with my first tag?

Jlane1978 said:
Bonejour said:
;)

I've been in SoCal my whole life. Just started hunting a few years ago. For some reason my grandma bought 300 acres in Missouri and gave it to my brothers and I, So I decided to start hunting. It's a lot diffrent hunting here in Cali. In Missouri i walk a few 100 yards into the woods and start seeing deer everywhere. I walk miles here in Cali and all I see are a few tracks.
Wow, now THAT is a legacy! What a gift to bestow on her grandkids. And if there is a lot of game on it, I'd wager she had an eye for good land. I'm sure you honor her memory whenever you think of that place. What a great lady.

Bonejour said:
Jlane1978 said:
Bonejour said:
;)

Wow, now THAT is a legacy! What a gift to bestow on her grandkids. And if there is a lot of game on it, I'd wager she had an eye for good land. I'm sure you honor her memory whenever you think of that place. What a great lady.

Oh yeah, she is an amazing lady. It's awsome land, amazing hunting. It backs up to public land so it seems larger than It is and everyone else around us owns 100s of acres so it feels like no one is around.

Jlane1978 said:
I have a question about second deer tag. Can I take a second deer or is it just in case I don't take a deer with my first tag?

You can have 2 deer tags......In the case of lets say D-16.....You could shoot one with your bow early on, then shot one in the rifle season (or with your bow again)......It's rather confusing, but the bottom line is you can have 2 deer tags and you can tag it with whatever the appropriate dates or means of take are....... :-[

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu