New hunter from Temecula

Catalyst

May 4, 2014
Winchester, CA
Well, finally got around to taking hunter education and passed it yesterday. Now I'm just researching, gearing up slowly, and will hopefully find a mentor or two in the near future. Family and friends aren't hunters so I have a lot to learn but I'm excited to be part of the forum community.

Cat,

Welcome to SCH......How old are you and what would you like to start hunting?......Any guns yet?

Welcome, I'm not far from you in Menifee, let me know if you need any help, I'm not a master hunter by any means but will help out where I can ...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ilovesprig said:
Cat,

Welcome to SCH......How old are you and what would you like to start hunting?......Any guns yet?

Thanks! I'm 34. I have a few guns...Weatherby Vanguard 2 in .308, Mossberg 500 12 gauge combo, Ruger 10/22 are the ones I'd probably use for hunting. Im thinking of getting a CZ 455 for more rimfire fun. I'm interested in hunting a wide variety of game - big game (deer), small game, upland fowl, pig. I enjoy hiking/backpacking so I have some good outdoor survival skills, just not hunting specific - tracking, stalking, etc. but I'm excited to learn.

Welcome from Fallbrook. I just started hunting (hiking with my rifle) in the CNF a year ago. Lots of tracks, little action. I get out during week mostly. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. Lot of experienced hunters on this forum. You will learn a lot just as I have. Nice to see a fellow hunter from Temecula. I'm in Wine Country.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu