New hunter here

asrcpp223

Mar 2, 2015
Hey all

Well at the least I'm really trying to become a hunter. California resident. Active duty since 08, still am. Got lucky enough to be stationed in Riverside. Anyways all I ever really do when I'm here is lake fish. When I get enough time off I try to head up to Bishop and the June lake loop etc. Well over the last year I got really into bows, started on a Diamond Core and was absolutely hooked, so much that after I figured out what really liked I picked up a Mathews.
Anyways I really want to give pig hunting a shot this year and hopefully deer. Last season I planned to go but I got deployed. Any advice is welcome. I'm sure ill learn a lot from this forum. Hope to eat a wild pulled pork sammich that I made happen someday.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to SCH & thank you for your service.......I think the guided hunt would be the right place to start as well.

Welcome and thank you for serving. Hunting pigs is a riot, and they taste great too. And if you thought it couldn't get any better, they are always in season.
Never leave home without your pig tag 8)

Thanks all, yeah a friend of mine says he knows his way around some land. Hopefully it all works out. Im always game for good backpacking trip.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu