New hunter stationed in San Diego

rh1452

Aug 8, 2023
Just moved back to SD from some time in Fallon and looking to get into archery and rifle hunting in the area, no idea where to begin as California regulations and rules are much different than south Texas. I have base access and heard that can be helpful but don't know much about the options that provides! Do you have to have tags for each individual zone? Is it too late in the season to pick up some tags?

Welcome. I have no clue about base access/hunting, but here is the list of left over deer tags. The D zone tags are good for archery and rifle with a combined limit of 1 total deer.

1691514744005.png

There are 47,265 tags left in the A ZONE..I know where I'll be this weekend!!!! Get out there!!

I feel bad for the guys who lost a point trying to get D16 this year.

I concur..D13 and D11 are bust zones few to little Deer ...A ZONE is where it's at !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu