New Laws

The feds manage migratory animals since they travel from state to state. That is the reason e can only shoot one Pintail. The waterfowl works out fine but imagine an administration with an anti hunting agenda managing our game. It would be like CA but across the country.

I wish the Feds would manage and regulate their own lands. 45% of California is Federal Land, they should take back control of it and create their own management regulations for it. One can dream.
The BLM administers BLM land and the USFS administers National Forest land. Are you just referring to the management of game animals? Other than being able to hunt cats what would you change? I think we have it pretty good...

Individual states managing the people’s game has been a wildly successful system that allows each state to manage for opportunity or trophy game or a combination of the two based on what the people of that state want. It’s not perfect but the feds having control of all of it and managing for what they want would not be better.
The major issue for me is that we allow voters to take part in the management of game. The foundation of the whole system is the scientific evaluation of the health of a population of animals. If it is wild or feral, and the population can sustain a hunt, and there is desire to hunt it... you ought to be able to hunt it. I’d like to see it put into law that the management of these animals must be decided upon by the biologists in a given area. If the management strategy is questioned or believed to not be based on the condition of the population it can be reviewed by a panel of biologists. No more emotional management of wildlife. There’s probably some issues with an idea like this but the fact that we can bypass our game management system with a vote that has no scientific backing is very discouraging. The bobcat thing is complete shit.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu