New rig...

S

stikbrandon

Picked her up today 89 silverado 4x4, 106k original miles on her , she needs a paint job but that's ok...

4.3 runs strong no tick clunks or nocks. I'm stoked

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 127
Awesome man! This your new daily driver or is this a hunting rig? Plans for suspension or tires? Stoked on the 4X.

8SteelTown said:
Awesome man! This your new daily driver or is this a hunting rig? Plans for suspension or tires? Stoked on the 4X.

8steel. It's my hunting rig. I'll pick it up another 2" throw some american racing rims with 33" bfg A/T's on it. I should daily drive it since it runs and drives better than my gmc canyon. They don't make them like the once did.

Lungpopper said:
Nice did it come with the tonneau cover?

I wish It did but that's ok. Thinking of maybe throwing a camper shell on her but we will see.

First thing first is registration .. I'm at the dmv now

For a hunting rig, you will never regret the shell. Best thing I've done to my truck without question. I sleep there if I need to, and I never worry about my gear or my dogs. I think the shell is especially valuable with the single cab trucks because the in-cab space is so limited. If you pull an Elk tag or something big that you aren't anticipating having to break down in the field, take the shell off. Two guys can do it.

Truck looks like it's in great shape, and from your pictures, doesn't appear to need a paint job at all! If I recall, GM 4X4's of that vintage are torsion bar? Super easy to level the front end vs the modern coil over suspension.

IMG_0014_zps7ab33885.jpg

stikbrandon said:
Picked her up today 89 silverado 4x4, 106k original miles on her , she needs a paint job but that's ok...

4.3 runs strong no tick clunks or nocks. I'm stoked

I think it would look good in mossy oak!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu