New to San Diego

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Hello peeps,
Being transferred to San Diego from rainy Washington state. Was doing some on line hunting research and came across the site. Man CA's deer hunting tag deal seems really confusing to me. I'm sure I'll get the hang of things though. Moving down 3/1/15. Can't wait to get out there and start looking around. I hunt mostly archery but don't mind picking up a rifle from time to time. I'm bummed about not being able to hunt elk down south though. I get the deer/elk/bear/cougar combo tag every year Otc here in WA and really enjoy it! Like I said though, I really enjoy checking out some new country and especially looking forward to not having to wear rain gear every second of my hunts!!
From what I've seen looks like D-16 is going to be the closest unit for me to hunt. Definitely not afraid to travel a bit as well.
Just wanted to say hi and maybe I'll run into some of ya while out scouting in the spring!
Can't wait!
-T

Welcome to the SCH forum Tbob. We look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Welcome to San Diego and SCH.........Lots of hunting opps down here..........Little short on elk though........lol

ilovesprig said:
Welcome to San Diego and SCH.........Lots of hunting opps down here..........Little short on elk though........lol

Or are they just little short elk? ;D

Hey lung popper,
I usually use the Rivers West rain gear. Always keeps me dry. It can get a little warm though..

Welcome to the site. The tag system is kinda goofed up around here the last few seasons. But let everyone on here know what your goal is and we will point you in the right direction when the time comes.

Awesome! Thanks for the replies guys! I'll definitely take all th advise I can get! Especially when it comes to trying to figure out how all the tags and zones work! Seems like a great group of folks on this site!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu