New to SOCAL hunting

shamu2240

Mar 19, 2013
Hey everyone, I signed up for the site a loooong time ago and never posted anything, then I kind of forgot about it. What can I say life gets busy. I'm back and hopefully I'll be a lot better about getting in here swapping stories with everyone. I'm kind of new to southern California hunting having been out this past deer season, no luck, and have taken a few coyotes and some quail. Basically the biggest roadblock that I've run into out here is finding places you can actually hunt and finding the CORRECT people to talk to. I've done all my hunting on Camp Pendleton and I'm looking to expand into other areas. If anyone has any info to help me out it would be appreciated. If anyone needs a hunting buddy I'm always down for a good adventure.

Welcome to the site. Camp Pendleton is tough to hunt. Put a lot of time in last year with no tag filled. I am looking at expanding to other areas too. But I will hit the base in the fall and give it one more try.

Welcome to SCH........Lots of opportunities on public land here in SD........Just ask questions and read past posts.....Again, turkey season is coming up. Good time to walk our East County.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu