new to southern california and the board

gregg

Feb 16, 2014
San Diego
New guy, just moved here from New York City (Rockaway Beach) for work. Not much hunting in the five boroughs so I'm excited to get out in the woods and fill up my freezer. Originally from West Virginia so I've been around whitetail hunting most of my life but never had the chance to get out and do it myself. I have a compound that I've been practicing with and looking into picking up a 30-06, probably a Remington 700 ( suggestions for something better appreciated ). Cleveland National Forest seems to be the best bet in this area, mostly interested in deer and boar so any tips would be great. Ducks and bird hunting is also something I'd like to try, just don't have any knowledge of it, I'm pretty good at trap shooting.

I have a friend with 40 acres near Jacumba that gave me full access but I'm not sure what's around that area, I have to make a trip and do some scouting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu