new to the site

nroy31

Aug 12, 2020
Good afternoon all. My first chance to post here. I'm an army vet that has been out of the hunting game far too long and decided to get back into it this year. I was going to try archery quail this year and did some scouting around d14. Found some decent coveys but as my luck would have it my bow had to go in for service and it looks like ill miss archery this year. Anyways I'd like to thank everyone here for all the helpful posts that are helping me get back into the game. Hopefully I'll get more opportunities coming up for more scouting and possibly a hunt or two haha. Only got my upland stamp so far this year but planning on some big game next year if schedule permits.

Can't wait to get to know some of you here. Oh and this will be my first year hunting in california so im just getting familiar with socal areas and game around here so please forgive me for lack of input so far.

welcome..and pull up a chair...much to absorb here..will you be hunting D16 also? how about doves and ducks? all relavant questions as there are many here that have copious amounts of intel and experience with that. Ask away..

welcome..and pull up a chair...much to absorb here..will you be hunting D16 also? how about doves and ducks? all relavant questions as there are many here that have copious amounts of intel and experience with that. Ask away..

Mostly planning for D14 do to the fact it's close. I may be going for dove for the opener with a couple coworkers if I can get away from the house for a couple days haha. I've considered duck hunting but maybe next year, figured I'd stick to rabbit and quail this year. Most times I go out anywhere my wife and 18 month German Shepherd are with me, that dogs getting decent at finding the quail. We keep him on leash though because he hasn't had his rattlesnake avoidance training yet.

Reactions: HATCHET1
n-31,

Welcome to SCH...Get after those doves...Great way to get back into the hunting game...There are archery tags available for all D zones (AO tag)...Good luck

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu