New to warm temperatures

Chadwick

Walk softly and carry a bent stick
Nov 23, 2014
Fairbanks
www.primalbows.com
Hello all! I'm Michael Chadwick
Virtually all of my hunting clothing is extra insulated. I moved here from Alaska in October; I had ice on the river in September while guiding bowhunters for moose. I hope to get out and do some scouting of areas this winter. If anyone wants help hauling out a hoofed critter, I now live in Encinitas and I'd love to help... and harvest the leg tendons for sinew (primitive bow making).

Cool! Welcome. I'll give you a call if I get lucky today. How fast can you get to Virginia? :D

Btw I hate to waste anything so I'll start saving tendons. Will pm you for specific needs. I assume longer tendons like Achilles and hamstring.

tendons

The main tendons I use are the leg tendons which split directly into the hoof on the back side the lowest joint, and the silver skin (backstrap tendon). I thank you very much for keeping an eye out. When we're hunting moose, most guys leave it in the field instead of carrying out that last 15" of leg. On a packframe, that extra part sticking up always seems to hit overhanging limbs. :)
Virginia is a bit of a drive for me to do in a day

Figured, but you being from AK and all, I know you measure distance differently.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu