Nice Buck

Fallguy

Jan 27, 2013
A good buddy drew his first x zone tag this year. Since my deer season doesn't start for a while, I went along to help. We scouted for a couple days, but didn't see anything special. Opening day was disappointing with only a few small bucks spotted. After a few days with very few deer spotted, confidence was waning. The next morning things happened very quickly. We spotted two bucks going up a steep hill a ways off. One was obviously a shooter. By the time we got set up, the smaller buck had already disappeared over the top. My buddy was able to make a good shot just as the bigger buck was almost home free. The buck took the shot hard but went over the top and disappeared. We started climbing up hoping to find him piled up. When we got up there we spotted his antlers sticking up out of the brush. It's a beauty!

Attachments

• found him.JPG
    found him.JPG
    970.4 KB · Views: 49
  • good one.JPG
    good one.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
I'd shoot that buck anywhere but for ca that's the buck of a lifetime congrats to your buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sent my buddies a picture of this deer that aren't on the sight. They know I went out. I'm a Dodge phone calls for the next 10 to 12 hours ha

wow what a great buck ! hope to see a buck like that tomorrow as I am hunting x9a! what x zone was this ? how wide is the buck?

nice buck Fall guy!!!!

johnny how many of your friends bit on your pic?

Aeon said:
nice buck Fall guy!!!!

Even though he spends 5 times as much time in the field than the rest of us. Nobody's going to believe he shot something like that. We all know he's a forky shooter.

Lungpopper said:
Aeon said:
nice buck Fall guy!!!!

Even though he spends 5 times as much time in the field than the rest of us. Nobody's going to believe he shot something like that. We all know he's a forky shooter.

All the names I'm trying to use are blocked lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu