NM bull

No story? Come on its too early for most of us so how did it go down.

Love chasing bulls nice mass on that boy!

Jeff is still out in the field. He and a client were chasing a bull this morning and I have not heard the outcome. I am sure when he gets back he will elaborate on the hunts.

whats up guys? I'm home for two days and will be headed back to NM tomorrow for some more hunts. The bull in the pic was shot at 25 yards on our 6th day of hunting. The bulls started to bugle at 4:30 in the afternoon and i was able to get my hunter in the middle of several bulls.His bull came by us with cows at 100 yards and i was able to rake and bugle him in to 25 yards for the shot.That was his 1st bull with a bow and his biggest yet with any weapon.Opening day with my 2nd hunter(10 min after legal shooting time) i had my hunter 25 yards from a 345-350 bull,i was set up 25 yards behind him with a decoy.The bull was broadside and feeding,my hunter does'nt bother to range him and shoots over his back!!!!!!!!!!!! the bull stops at 50 and my hunter gutshoots him.I felt bad for him i wanted to go give him a hug and then punch him in the mouth!!! So we give him 8 hours to expire and spend 2 days searching to no avail.Thats hunting...more later

WAY TO TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS!! BUMMER ON THE GUT SHOT..DID YOU LET HIM HUNT AFTER THAT?? HOPE HE JUST WROTE THE CHECK AND MOVED ON..YOU BLEED IT..YOU BUY IT..

What's up guys I'm home for a couple days. In response to was the hunter finished after the gutshot, it's public land so unfortunately he was able to keep hunting. My first hunter Jay(pictured) had his bull scored by a P&Y scorer at 341 7/8 green

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu