No rut or what???

S

stikbrandon

Just got back from the stand and still have yet to see any signs of the Rut. Checked both my cams last Tuesday and not a single buck, just does....... I'm in higher elevation about 4600 ft but I don't get it?

Is anyone else having this problem?

If I knew my area wasn't going to be in the rut mid October, I'd have smoked a doe weeks ago !!!!

I ran into a decent sized forky yesterday while quail hunting and he seemed to be rutting. He was trottin around mid morning and I saw some ground scrapes around.. I was lower elev around 3000 ft. He's the first buck I've seen though after several weekends of scouting. Maybe too warm?

Im up there with you, and have seen no sign of rut action. I watch a lot of does and not seen one buck anywhere with them. I have not seen one doe lift her tail or carry it to the side.So I will just keep on watching them. It will happen so keep checking on them. All the bucks I have on camera are alone and just passing through. I cant wait!!!

I hunted Pendleton yesterday afternoon and all morning today; saw a total of 5 does but no bucks. I don't believe it has started yet.

Ruts on in our area at lower elevation ,did see something kinda wild this morning a 2×3 in velvet. seems like every season we see a buck in velvet late in the season ???

Checked trail cams all weekend from lower to higher elevations. Big bucks are starting to show on cams. All solo , but def coming down from those nasty ridges. On one trial cam there is 4 does running by and 2 minutes later a big 3 by 3 following. 5 minutes later a small forky following. 10 minutes later a spike. That was just yesterday at 7am. So I sat in that friggin tree all day today from flash light status to find my stand to 0 dark thirty. I will post some pics when I have time. Back to work tomorrow

Definitely a little pre rut in my area watched a 2x3 do some serious rubbing on a tree. Also had 2 does with him. Later saw 2 bucks with some does

brice s said:
Definitely a little pre rut in my area watched a 2x3 do some serious rubbing on a tree. Also had 2 does with him. Later saw 2 bucks with some does
Nice sound like the deer are rutting in your area no sign of any rut in my area

My camera is showing single bucks just feeding through, and some does with no bucks in sight. I'm at 3000' in SD county

D16hunter said:
brice s said:
Ya talked to your dad the other day seems like u guys have had some luck with scouting. Might be meeting up with you guys Sunday for a afternoon hunt.

brice s said:
D16hunter said:
brice s said:
Ya talked to your dad the other day seems like u guys have had some luck with scouting. Might be meeting up with you guys Sunday for a afternoon hunt.
We had decent luck scouting good luck on opening day

full moon was not helping. I will be out with D-16 tag on Saturday. I was at 5-6 K elevation on Saturday. no reports. I wimped out on sunday spent the day with the wife.

Saw a forky chase a couple does around like crazy last Friday morning and while driving through warner springs, saw two forkeis fighting and a nice 3x3 with two does just lounging under a oak tree. Luckily I got good spots on the MCC property so hopefully I can connect with a nice buck.

Is the MCC property free range hunt wherever you want? Or is each hunter designated an area or areas?I have been trying to get my family involved , but most of my spots in SD are rugged. Some one mentioned the MCC property to the wife and she is interested now. Just don't know much about it. Any info is much appreciated fellas

Here you go. Pictures kind if crappy. Took em with my phone off computer screen. Whatever lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Been trying to get on this guy for a couple years. He's a little freaky. I zoomed in with my spotting scope and put my phone up to the scope. Whatever lol. Looks like he is a 4by5. He's not to wide but I like his style.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 166

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu