No rut or what???

Yes drop tine on his right side. I have not seen him since April , but I know he is around. The area he is in is tuff to get to and a 6 mile hike in and out never seen any other hunter back there so one of these days I will stick em with a arrow. I did run into him in January of this year, we were standing looking at each other at 60yds. It's like he knew the season was over and he was safe. Ha ha was cool though. Have a nice front pic of him. You can really see the drop tine. I will try and get it up.

All the property is broken up into zones so for opening day weekend we do a draw to make it fair. You can reserve up to 3 zones at a time and most of the property hold decent deer and turkey hunting. If you like waterfowl you also get to hunt the ponds and lake henshaw.

I was out at 4-5K 8 days ago, saw does but no bucks, and no scrapes or rubs on any of my hikes so far.

Cali Ridge Runner said:
Been trying to get on this guy for a couple years. He's a little freaky. I zoomed in with my spotting scope and put my phone up to the scope. Whatever lol. Looks like he is a 4by5. He's not to wide but I like his style.

good luck cali. he's a good one.

I read somewhere, mule deer usually go into rut around December/ Jan time frame. I read off the DFG website Q&A section, hunting seasons are not during actual rut season to make more opportunities to hunt versus hunting success. Sucks, but true. Which makes sense that A-22 ends December 31st.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu