Non-lead on sale at Cabela's with $5 shipping! AND rebate!

ladiver

May 11, 2014
Yorba Linda, CA
After buying my new rifle, I went online to find non-lead ammo. Cabela's is having one heck of a sale on Barnes Vor-TX. 300WSM is $39.19 + $5 mail in rebate (limit 4). That is $21 less per box than Bass Pro. Plus, Cabela's is offering $5 flat shipping on all orders over $99 (yes, ammo included). I just bought 4 boxes of 150 grain and 4 boxes of 165 grain. Hopefully the new Sako will like one of them.

You could save a heck of a lot more if you reload. Nothing beats the price and the consistancy. Out of all of the shelf ammo I see that is "no lead", the stuff I load for both target and hunting is way cheaper and as long as you get the measurements right and the recipe down you can create one hell of a round. I know that the initial start up can be costly, but in the long run it is so worth it. Just save all of your brass!!!

Yup! The initial start does cost but I got started with a single stage press and I decent powder drop plus the die set one could get going for less the $200. Compaiered to te price I that awsome new rifle that's nothing. Or the price of a nice scope as well. I don't even reload for extreme accuracy more to save on the cost of non lead and it is still much more accurate the factory plus 1/2 price from factory.

It is so worth it. ESP when you save your brass!!! I think right now I'm averaging 0.20-0.35 cents per round for .223 right now and I'm shooting good ammo. Hornady match for target as well as V-MAX, and Barnes TSX for hunting. Still trying to dial in my .270

agree that reloading is the way to go. This will at least get me some ammo to dial in with and use this season. I will save all my brass and hopefully learn to reload and try that next season. I have a buddy who reloads and he wants a better setup. I may buy his used setup.

My roommate bought all of the stuff, I don't think it was too pricey, just hit up midwayusa.com and they have a lot of really great deals. Just do some research and see what other ppl load for your same gun/caliber. I am brand new to reloading but I learned it quick and I can already see the benefits for both accuracy and savings. Also check out snipershide.com and look under "bullet recipes". You can find some cool recipes to try out but everything should always be fine tuned to your rifle

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu