Not a bad day

badyellowdog

Apr 19, 2015
55ac3f17a35ba2fca7a6ef4dbd9f9a03.jpg

Little warm today but we found a few...hit the trifecta, morning dove, white wing and a euro...my partner on the other hand only ended up with three it wasn't for a lack of opportunity that's for shure

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nice shoot................ 8)

ps......Haven't seen a red pack of Marlboro's in years (used to work for Philip Morris)....... ;)

Oh I love it, it has a modified barrel on top and a full barrel on bottom. It's my go to dove gun. I have had it since I was 14 or so and it swings better than any other bird gun I own. I would fully recommend getting one for dove, pheasant, and quail

O/U's can be very pricey. but they don't have to be.....One of the kids I've been taking hunting won a 20 gauge Mossberg Silver Reserve ll at the NWTF banquet a few years back.....It's quality is entry level, but it shoots well, has had no problems, and the cost is more than reasonable (around $600.00 new)

.https://youtu.be/W4um3--S1WU

I've shot a lot of white wing over the years, they are usually a little bigger but they just fly a little differently. I love when I get them, it's just something a little different in your bag.

2dogs1name said:
Hey BYD, you like your O/U for dove hunting I see...I'm looking into one and would love your thoughts on it...thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always look @ CZ-USA's over unders. I had a stoeger for about a year but wanted something better. Traded it in with Bud's Gun Shop and put it towards a 20 gauge Redhead Premier CZ, went shooting with it this weekend and it was a huge difference. Lighters, more pleasant on the eyes, automatic shell ejectors and comes with multiple chokes.

And not too mention is a great O/U for under $1000. Bud's has them new for $800. Just dont forget about all the transfer/shipping/DROS fees like I did :p Bud's does let you do a 90 day layaway with no interest though which is really helpful for me.

Pretty good article about O/U's under a $1,000.00......There's just something about over & unders that feel right when upland hunting.....Gambel quail/Salton Sea area 1972

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjABahUKEwjUwJz7xO_HAhVKiw0KHZxwCp4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outdoorlife.com%2Fphotos%2Fgallery%2Fguns%2Fshotguns%2Fdouble-guns%2F2012%2F11%2Fbest-over-under-shotguns-less-1000&usg=AFQjCNGCrAfs0DZLJsr_zF1CzDgo95O-oQ&sig2=gUggW0vpx94a5yv5iqqwxA

Attachments

• 1st gambel quail 1972[1].jpg
    1st gambel quail 1972[1].jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 61
kylemg0009 said:
2dogs1name said:
Hey BYD, you like your O/U for dove hunting I see...I'm looking into one and would love your thoughts on it...thx.

You can always look @ CZ-USA's over unders. I had a stoeger for about a year but wanted something better. Traded it in with Bud's Gun Shop and put it towards a 20 gauge Redhead Premier CZ, went shooting with it this weekend and it was a huge difference. Lighters, more pleasant on the eyes, automatic shell ejectors and comes with multiple chokes.
How was the felt recoil...I like 20ga for that reason...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu