Nothing like Hunting With Her Dad

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
My girlfriends dad extended an invite to me to participate in an annual duck clean up at the Green Head Club (he's not a member, but his friend is) Even though Jolene is out of the country studying abroad her dad and I wanted to spend some time together.... and what better way then to go shoot some ducks. There were six blinds and twelve hunters.... we didn't get limits I don't think but it was fun watching them fly and knocking them down!!! Once again not my style of hunting...... but wen in Rome......

Attachments

• IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 42
Jon,

Flighted mallards aren't really my thing either, but it is fun and good practice shooting wise for the real thing...... 8)

Looks like a fun day whether or not the birds are wild. Nice tshirt btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been very fortunate and am extremely grateful for the hunting opportunities I have gotten this last season whether it be turkeys on a ranch or ducks at a hunting club.... This definitely clouds the hours and seasons I have put over the last fie years hunting deer with little to show for it. I would be lying if I didn't say I had a ton of fun sacking the ducks and if I said I wouldn't do it again but personally for me I experience the most satisfaction when I work hard and am rewarded..... I haven't killed a deer in a few years but spent more then 100 days combine in the field over the last 2 seasons thats where my reared will be held.... These hunts are moral boosters to help me stay positive and focused on my goals

plus you can't beat the camaraderie and all the treat people and relationships you develop while hunting wether it be on a duck club or in a field in the valley!!!! Its addicting and an obsession can't wait for next september already!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu